Re: Problems mounting DVD-RWs written with growisofs

Hi,

Andy Polyakov wrote:
> Record in DAO mode? Yes. But you have to pass
> explicit -use-the-force-luke=dao. Try that.

One detail question arises to me:

I remember that -dvd-compat on blank DVD-RW caused DAO
from a bug report about scdbackup which tried to pipe
with -dvd-compat.
But now that i look into the code of growisofs-7.1
growisofs.c:
int    dvd_compat=0, ...
            else if (!strcmp(opt,"-dvd-compat"))
            {   if (poor_man<0) poor_man = 1;
                dvd_compat++;
growisofs_mmc.cpp
            {   if (dvd_compat >= (profile==0x14?2:256))
                {   is_dao = 1,
it seems that DAO is not engaged by a single -dvd-compat
but would need two of those options.
(-use-the-force-luke=dao gains generous 256 points.)

So another variation comes to my mind: Incremental closed.
(Now we have four legal states after first session.
Plus the totally ill one we see on Marcus' media.)

Whatever, if Marco cannot set growisofs options via
the affected frontend, a try with fast-blanked DVD-RW
is nearly the last resort.
A try with formatted DVD-RW would then be the really
very last one. (I am not overly optimistic with that.)