Re: [Cdrecord-support] cdrtools-2.01.01a44 ready

Quey <qms01@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> that file clearly does not exist in your RULES directory, the 586
> exists but not a 686
>
> and I, like the rest of the world use gnu make :)

Well, this is a problem that results from using an unmaintained make program ;-)

As I mentioned, this bug has been reported and accepted as GNU make bug in 1998.
The GNU Make maintainers told me that "it will take some time to fix", but
I believe that "some time" has passed already.

Pleas test 2.01.01a54-pre from ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/:

-       Added a workaround for a GNU make design bug that causes the rules
        to create file "foo" to be evaluated _past_ the "include foo"
        statement in a Makefile has been evaluated. Note that you still need
        GNU make 3.81. GNU make 3.80 and before will still fail to compile
        cdrtools because of other unfixed GNU make bugs.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)