Re: Announcing cdrskin-0.4.4

Hi,

> > [dvd+rw-format] -format=full
>
> I think my kernel is too old, it exit after just 1 second:
>
> $ dvd+rw-format -format=full  /dev/cdrom
> * BD/DVD±RW/-RAM format utility by <appro@fy.chalmers.se>, version 7.1.
> * 25.0GB BD media detected.
> * formatting 0.0|:-[ FORMAT UNIT failed with SK=5h/INVALID FIELD IN
> PARAMETER LIST]: Input/output error
> $

This looks rather like dvd+rw-format and your drive do not
agree on what is a proper FORMAT UNIT command.
The kernel has only the role of transporting command and
answer. This it seems to do fine.

The problem could be about this line in dvd+rw-format.cpp:
                if ((formats[4+4]&3)==2)// same capacity for already formatted

Since the -ssa=none format 31h is the largest of all,
you cannot get a 30h format of the same size.
That capacity wish would be the invalid filed in the
command.

If you want to go back to a smaller format you
will probably need to give an explicit -ssa=size.
I read in dvd+rw-format.cpp :
  -ssa=default