Re: Mkisofs - seek error on old image

Hi,

Giuseppe Corbelli:
> > > But readcd can read sectors 1273136-1273137 no problem.
> I've tried xorriso as you said and it copied the whole ISO to disk, where I
> could mount it w/o any hassle.

I'm glad about that.

Theory background:

The difference towards recovering the sessions by
readcd is that they got re-interpreted by xorriso.
So a single session emerged with superblock at address 0.

If the media content was retrieved by readcd, the
resulting disk file would still have the multi-session
layout, but the operating system would have no clue
where the superblock is.
This it would learn from the media's session and
track structure. But not from a disk file or from
overwriteable media types.

A user can examine that structure of multi-session media
by
  dvd+rw-mediainfo
or
  xorriso -toc

Usually the start block address of the most recent
(complete) track would be the number to use with
  mount -t iso9660 -o sbsector=<number>
on the disk file copy.

> I rebooted the machine (changed the network adapter),
> and now mount works OK.

Oh.

To Eric Wanchic: Do you reboot as rarely as i do ?