Re: Mkisofs - seek error on old image

Hi,

Giuseppe "Cowo" Corbelli:
> How can I test the previous session? It has been written successfully by
> growisofs.

Does that previous session mount ?

What (error) messages do you get from:

  dd if=/dev/sr0 bs=2048 count=1 skip=1273136 of=/dev/null

Did you eject and load the media after writing ?

Is hald running on your system and willing
to automount readable media in that drive ?

Eric Wanchic:
>  The only difference with me is I am
> using DVD+Rs. I've added a eject switch, but it is basicly random for me.

Your Linux must be more ill than mine.
Mine is neatly and reproducibly ill.

What is not ill on my system is xorriso.
Did you try it meanwhile ?

Both problem reports seem to be related with
block device buffered i/o after expanding the
content of the media.
xorriso does not do such i/o.

A test run for only checking readability of
the directory tree would be:

 $ xorriso -indev /dev/sr0 -dus '/*'
 xorriso 0.1.0 : RockRidge filesystem manipulator, libburnia project.
 xorriso : UPDATE : 41941 nodes read in 13 seconds
 Drive current: -indev '/dev/sr0'
 Media current: DVD+RW
 Media status : is written , is appendable
 Media summary: 1 session, 720130 data blocks, 1407m
 Volume id    : 'ISOIMAGE'
   41301 '/3DDAT'
  483040 '/thomas'
 $