Re: Blanking/Formating a BD-RE

Hi,

>  what I could use else for writing and cleaning BD-RE ?

I am only a bystander here because i got no BD drive
to do experiments with.
But if you want to do the experiments for then i would
be willing to invest some work into the problem.

First experiment proposal:
Find out whether your Linux supports the drive as
normal random access block device:

  dd if=/dev/zero bs=2048 count=512 of=/dev/sr#

with # being the appropriate number.
(I assume your kernel log is full of complaints
with the block device address of your drive.)

If this works without error message, then try
to eject, reload and mount your BD-RE. The expected
outcome is that mounting does not work any more
because you overwrote the head of the filesystem
image by above dd command  and its 1 MB of zeros.

There is of course the risk that this experiment
leads to the same evil problems as your previous
experiments. So prepare for reboot.