Re: Doesn't wodim close disk ?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Doesn't wodim close disk ?
- From: "Thomas Schmitt" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 11:06:48 +0100
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20071231181510.GB7436@gmail.com>
- References: <20071231181510.GB7436@gmail.com>
> mkisofs ... |cdrecord ... no option -multi ...
> dvd+rw-mediainfo /dev/sr0
> Mounted Media: 1Bh, DVD+R
> Disc status: appendable
Looks like this program does not close DVD+R
regardless whether -multi is present or not.
> Please could we stop here about other software and remain upon wodim.
Well, the point is that i know two commands
which would close DVD+RW:
growisofs ... -dvd-compat ...
cdrskin ... no option -multi ...
Tested with growisofs-7.0 and cdrskin-0.3.6 ff.
> any idea on how to modify my little script to do it ?
On the risk to get off topic:
| growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/sr0=/dev/fd/0
| cdrskin $COMCD tsize="$SIZE"s -
With cdrskin i would not insist in -dao or i would
use -isosize in order to make obsolete the size
prediction run of mkisofs.
growisofs will anyway read the image size from the
head of the incomming image stream.
Have a nice day :)