Re: VCD (was: cdrecord problems)

"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > How about if I just try a burn with raw96r and see if that works?
>
> Worth a try. But man cdrecord says:
> " -raw   Set RAW writing mode.  Using this  option  defaults
>          to  -raw96r"
> So probably you cannot expect better results than with
> cdrecord -raw.
>
> During my adventures in google i found this
>   http://www.os2world.com/cdwriting/vcdtools/readme.htm
>   http://packages.debian.org/stable/otherosfs/vcdtools
> It uses cdrdao for the job of burning.
> Looks like the author already went through the adventures
> which libburn would have to pass in order to get VCD ready.

You need the right kind of data for a vcd.

The data from vcd formatters usually contains preformatted sectors and
a cue sheet file.

Writing a vcd should be possible with cdrdao (using SAO mode).

Writing a svcd unly works with cdrdao if you can write it in SAO mode
and if your writer supports to write complex data in SAO mode.

If you need to write a svcd in RAW mode (e.g. because you use a Pioneer drive)
you are lost with cdrdao and need to use cdrecord. Cdrdao does not handle
cue sheet file based writing in RAW mode correctly.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)