Re: cdrecord problems

* Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net> [2007-07-27 18:05:05 +0200]:

> Chris Ahlstrom:
> > Perhaps I am talking out of turn here, but isn't this mailing list
> > restricted to covering the Debian fork (reference
> > <http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/09/msg00002.html>)?
>
> cdwrite@other.debian.org is an unmoderated support and discussion
> list about burning of CD and DVD.
> Traditional topics:
> - cdrecord
> - mkisofs
> - growisofs
> - quarreling with Joerg Schilling (for those who need it)

<chuckle>

> Newer:
> - wodim
> - genisoimage
> - cdrskin
> - MMC discussions (mainly about DVD capabilities)

What about dvdrtools and dvd+rw-tools?  I use the latter, but just
discovered the former.  It looks like the dvdrtools web site is down,
though.

I also wonder where to find some advice about burning dual-layer DVDs.
I couldn't do it before.  Might have been my old Liteon drive, which
later stopped working completely.

--
Tux rox!