Re: growisofs WRITE@LBA=230540h error blanking DVD+RW media

Jörg

>     1. What then is the command to blank the DVD+RW media, and return it
> virgin state?

If you use cdrecord ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/
you will read in the documentation that this is impossible with DVD+RW media
unless you own a very old Ricoh DVD writer. Even then, you need cdrecord to
blank the media.

==> Thank you for clarifying that. I had visited that ftp site but of course
did not come across that documentation.  So from your answer I can take it
that there is no way to restore the DVD+RW media to its blank state, as
there is with DVD-RW, nicht wahr?

-- Roy

btw: I was a graduate student at TU Berlin in 1965, in physics.  Promptly
"beurlaubt" due to my failure to understand the German language at a level
that would have enabled me to understand what the heck was happening in my
courses.  Went to the Goethe Institut in Brannenberg-Degendorf to partially
correct that deficiency.