Re: Potentially serious bug in mkisofs

Hi,

> the program failed to check the available hard drive space.
> it crashed my computer.
> I don't know how the specifics of space checking work,

This is not specific to mkisofs.
Many commands would fill up your disk if you order them.
E.g.:
  cat /dev/zero >FreeDisk.iso
Only few check wether there is room.
(Urm, what system call would that be, btw ?)

If your system cannot stand that your home
directory fills up its filesystem, then there
is something severely wrong with the system.

You aren't doing that as superuser, do you ?
The superuser is supposed to take care for
himself.

> I am using Ubuntu 7.04,

That's where you should ask for advise.
If anybody points at mkisofs, you should point
at above cat command.