Potentially serious bug in mkisofs

I can't be sure if this is yours. If it isn't, I'm sorry to bother you.

I am using Ubuntu 7.04, and am not sure how to check the version, but the program failed to check the available hard drive space. As a result, and of my failing to remember that I had a whole bunch of other ISO files, it crashed my computer. I was able to recover everything, but I am pretty sure this can be a problem for others.

I don't know how the specifics of space checking work, but I imagine you could scan the files to check their space usage and thus estimate the space usage and warn the user before trying to write an ISO. My parameters were as follows:

mkisofs -iso-level 4 -V FreeDisk -o FreeDisk.iso /home/brian/FreeDisk.iso_Files

in my home folder directory.

-Brian Swaney