Re: Linux problems

Joerg Schilling wrote:
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:

Since you mention VCD, what is the correct burning magic for cdrskin? I've created images with vcdimager, but they are cuefile+bin, which is not supported. Is there a software which produces a single burnable image?

These file may be burned with cdrecord. You need a recent original source
instead of the bastardized Rethat variant you seeem to use.

They may be burned, but they don't work, which is why I would like to try another software.

I have created standard images and burned with and without -sao, and created images with the "--sectors-2336" option and burned with -sao, -raw96r, and attempted -mode2, which hangs the burner until power cycle. In all cases except the hang, the resulting media had a valid and readable ISO9660 track 1, so the process appeared to work, but neither the computer "read vcd" software nor any DVD player would accept them for play.

cdrecord 01.01a31 was current when I tried it.
The needed support has been added to the end of last year.
That support is in the Fedora version as well, which doesn't complain about using the real name of the device and doesn't need to be run as root, so can be used on production systems.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc