Re: How to "blank" / "zero out" / "nullify" a dvd-rw?

"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

> I got cdrtools-2.01.01a32 on my TODO list but currently
> there is a little traffic jam on that list.

A lot of this is caused by you and the fact that you still believe that
standard locking mechanisms are able to deal with the Linux removable
media handling bug.

You could try to think about the problem by writing a list of tasks
that a user likes/needs to do in this area. If you did this, you would
already know that simple blocked locking (as done with O_EXCL) does not
help at all. Please help us to reduce the traffic on this list.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)