Re: cdrecord problems

Hi,

> I want to use cdrecord to burn a CD,
>  wodim: No write mode specified.

You are actually using the cdrecord fork of the cdrkit
project, which is affiliated with Debian.

Original cdrecord is available at
  ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/
Most recent is
  cdrtools-2.01.01a31.tar.gz

But i would expect your problem is not about
the differences of cdrecord and wodim.

> cdrecord -v dev=1,0,0 myimg.iso
> wodim: Asuming -tao mode.
> Identification : 'DVD-RAM GSA-H30N'
> wodim: Drive does not support TAO recording.
> wodim: Illegal write mode for this drive.

Since you got a disk file as data source you may
try write mode SAO by adding option -sao :

  cdrecord -v dev=1,0,0 -sao myimg.iso

(This will not work with data sources of unpredictable
 length like "-" or a named pipe)

If this works, i would still like to recruit you
for exploring any peculiarities of that LG GSA drive.
I got my own burn program named cdrskin and it would
be very interesting to find out wether the drive is
really unable to perform TAO on a CD-R.

If you are willing to help with testing then please
post a message to this list, asking for instructions.