Re: problems writing a large file to DVD+R Double Layer disk

Kish Shen <kish.shen@crosscoreop.com> writes:

> I am trying to write a .ts file to a DVD+R Double Layer disk, so far
> without success. The file has a size of 4613734320. I issue the
> command:
>
> growisofs -Z /dev/sr1 -R -J  pd

I currently create an udf image with genisofs:

# -r : Rock ridge avec des perm uid et gid correct
# -allow-limited-size: requis pour des fichiers > 2GB
# -f: follow sym link (pas de symlink avec udf)
genisoimage -udf -f -r -J -allow-limited-size -o ~/dvd.iso *

Then I burn the image with growisofs -Z /dev/hda=dvd.iso

When you mount the cd, be sure to mount it as udf:

mount -t udf /dev/hda /media/cdrom0

You can probably create the image directly while running growisofs,
but I have not tried yet.

HTH