Re: Problem with Samsung CDRW/DVD SM-308B

John Talbut wrote:
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your response.

You wrote:

> wodim support list is
>   debburn-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org

Thanks for that information, I have now asked the question there as well.

> I understand hdc is your burner (and not a hard disk going mad when your burner is working).

Correct, hdc is in ide1.

> Hard to say what is going on there. You should try some older and newer kernels in order to find out wether it is really an issue with a particular kernel.

OK, I guess my first step is to wait until linux-source-2.6.20 arrives in testing so that I can try that. The system I am working on is my main workhorse, so I am reluctant to mess about with it much.
Kernel source 2.6.21.1 is on ftp.kernel.org, if you want to see if there's a bug in the mainline kernel.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>