Re: problems writing a large file to DVD+R Double Layer disk

scdbackup@gmx.net wrote:

> > BTW: it would be intersting to knoe why several people did start own
> > CD/DVD writing software project just to learn what they could learn from
> > reading my software instead of helping with cdrtools.
>
> My original motivation was a clash between you and some
> of your critics in november or december 2005. I began to
> fear for the CD burning support in Linux and googled for
> background info in order to write a petition to LKML.
> My plan was to ask for some simple Linux builtin CD support.
> Like with DVD+RW or DVD-RAM.

Could you please explain why you did believe the FUD spread by
malicious people instead of asking me?

> But i stumbled over libburn and could enhance it to fulfill my
> CD needs. Now if you have a thing that burns CD then the wish
> to burn DVD is quite natural.
> It is an interesting topic and i learned a lot by doing it.

Well, cdrecordwrites DVDs since 1998, what is your problem?

Why did you contribute to a project that stil is completely non-portable
and aborts already in "configure":

checking whether the g77 linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... solaris2.9 ld.so
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /opt/sfw/bin/ginstall -c
./configure: line 21233: syntax error near unexpected token `in'
./configure: line 21233: `for ac_header in'

Reading your README, you seem to claim being interested in the spirit of OSS.
The spirit of OSS is creating software that compiles and works on as many
platforms as possible. This is obviously true for cdrecord but unfortunately
not true for libburn.

You seem to be one of the people who are not confused by the FUD from
the people who like to harm me and my projects. Why do you contribute to a
nonportable project instead of contributing to a project that is in the spirot
of OSS?

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)