Re: how to obtain multisession info for DVD?

在 2007-01-24三的 14:00 +0100,Joerg Schilling写道:
> Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@realss.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello. I used to use 'cdrdao disk-info' to obtain a list of multisession
> > information for a CDR, like whether if it is appendable, how much space
> > left on it etc.
> >
> > Now doing
> > $ cdrdao disk-info /dev/dvd
> > seems to produce wrong information (e.g. sataing total capacity is some
> > 300MB).
> >
> > So what do you guys use to check disk-info of DVDs?
>
> use cdrecord -minfo

Thank you for providing this tip. I also googled around and discovered
'dvd+rw-mediainfo' can produce much more detailed information, including
size of each track and the size of blank space.

> > Further I just wish to know if multisession DVD cannot have more then
> > 4GB data written on it? (4G is a digit sounds familiar with me, look
> > like the max number can be repersented by a 4-byte unsigned intger).
> > Several quick googles doesn't lead me to an answer.
>
> This is not true.
>
> One empty "multi-session" takes less than 1/1000th of the total DVD size.

Thnaks for this prompt answer!