how to obtain multisession info for DVD?

Hello. I used to use 'cdrdao disk-info' to obtain a list of multisession
information for a CDR, like whether if it is appendable, how much space
left on it etc.

Now doing
$ cdrdao disk-info /dev/dvd
seems to produce wrong information (e.g. sataing total capacity is some
300MB).

So what do you guys use to check disk-info of DVDs?

Further I just wish to know if multisession DVD cannot have more then
4GB data written on it? (4G is a digit sounds familiar with me, look
like the max number can be repersented by a 4-byte unsigned intger).
Several quick googles doesn't lead me to an answer.

Thanks a lot in advance!