Re: a NERO user familiar with backing up data on multisession CDR, how do I do it in Linux too?

å¼ é?¡æ­¦ <zhangweiwu@realss.com> wrote:

> > In order to replace the problematic GNU getopt_long, 3000 lines of code need to
> > be changed and I am still looking for people who look for bugs that have been
> > introduced as a result of the changes.
>
> As I don't have enough context knowledge I hereby have the following
> questions:
>      1. is it true that Patrick Ohly added --root/--old-root options to
>         mkisofs? Is this modification done to mkisofs official source or
>         on the Debian package? Which version since mkisofs release
>         software with the two options enabled?

Although this list is on a Debian server, we are talking about the official
version. The code from Patrick has been added 2.5 years ago.

>      2. And is it true Jörg is looking for people who test the version
>         of mkisofs with the two new options? If I am using stable
>         Debian, should I upgrade to unstable to be able to test Jörg's
>         latest version of mkisofs which has the new feature (of removing
>         and modifying previous session) implemented?

No, I am interested in people who are willing to test the new version.
The new version is a "refurbished" mkisofs that tries to fix some problems that
caused some problems in the past. But this did change a lot of code and may
cause new, currently unknown problems.

Debian will most likely not distribute recent versions of mkisofs for unknown
reasons. It seems that they are currently on a debate whether they go back 6
months or 6 years into the past.

If you like to benefit from new features of the code and like to stay with
Debian, you may need to compile cdrtools yourself.

You need e.g. a very recent version of mkisofs in case you like to do something
like this:

mkisofs -o fs.iso -R -C1234,5678 -M /dev/cdrom -graft-points -find BA-Sept-17=/home/joe -ctime 25h -type f

to add a session with the staring directory "BA-Sept-17" that contaions a tree
with all files that have been touched during the pas 25 hour in the directory
/home/joe.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)