a NERO user familiar with backing up data on multisession CDR, how do I do it in Linux too?

Hello. I was a happy user of Nero on Windows, though I am not a happy
Windows user and now switched to Linux. My problem is I cannot backup
using my favorite way anymore:

I used to back up our project files (devided into 8 categories, each
category have about 200MB files) on daily basis. This is how I do it on
Windows.

     1. on monday, prepare 8 empty CDR, one for each category, back up
        everything (each CDR take 200MB with 400MB free space);
     2. on the following days, launch Nero and select continue
        multi-session, it will AUTOMATICALLY add every file added in
        that day or replaced in that day, removing every file removed
        that day, and create another session for only the changed
        documents. Every day around 30MB files are changed in each
        category, every CDR is filled with an 30MB session.
     3. repeat this for one week, on the weekend, store these CDR
        backups and prepare new blank CDR for the next week.

This is actually very convenient for me, each CDR is labeled with week
number and project category name. If the manager ask for files on Jan
12th in the training project, I go to find the CDR in training project
backup CDs, find that week's backup, figure out 12th is a Thursday, thus
mount the 4th session. I actually have been doing this for years. Now I
switched to inux and no longer know how to do the same operation.
k3b doesn't automatically replace old files when I continue
multi-session disc, besides, there seems to be no way to remove a file
from a previous session, right click a file in an imported session in
k3b, there is no option to remove it.

I am not afraid of commandline, thus if it is possible at all to do the
backup the same mechanism I did on Windows, I would love to sit down and
write some backup scripts with mkisofs/cdrecord. However as I read
through the manual of both mkisofs and cdrecord, there are no clear
instructions on how to modify the directory structure of previous
session and apply it to current session. E.g. in mkisofs -C and -M can
be used to import previous session, but there are no written instruction
on how to remove a file after imported previous session.

Can you please let me know if it is possible at all to manipulate the
backup operation in Linux? If possible, where can I look for docs on how
to generate proper iso image with mkisofs for a session modified from
previous session (more specifically, how to delete a file from previous
session)?

Thank you in advance!

P.S. I also tried nero Linux version, for two reasons I cannot use it
yet: first it doesn't install at all (some errors), second, it seems not
able to operate through SSH, since after switched to Linux we separated
file server to the server room 50m from my office, I would prefer to sit
in the office to do the backup by using scripts and ssh.

P.S. Please redirect me to another proper mailing list if you think I'd
better post questions there. I am a bit afraid this question is pretty
into the depth of mkisofs and should go to some other groups.

P.S. Now I am using one single CDR for each backup, thus currently I use
7 times more CDRs to backup then I used to.

--
锐业软服(国内业务)  http://www.realss.cn
Real SoftService      http://www.realss.com