Re: Growisofs problem with SONY DRU 800

> >I'm having problems to write a DVD with SONY DRU 800 with growisofs.
> >I get the following message.
> >
> >Executing 'mkisofs -R -J -l -quiet -hide-rr-moved -V Teste
> >/home2/DVD/Rascunho | builtin_dd of=/dev/cdrom obs=32k seek=0'
> >:-(  unable to PERFORM OPC: Input/output error

Your drive can not handle this media. Confirmed by the fact that a
different burn application causes the same drive error. In general, Sony
DRU xxx are quiet bad for media compatibility. The problem is with the
drive, as you can't fix that, try different media.

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.