Re: Problems with dvd+rw-tools 6 and Pioneer drive

Andy Polyakov wrote:

My attempts to burn data DVD's with k3b and dvd+rw-tools were not
going well (I saw errors like
:-? the LUN appears to be stuck writing LBA=30310h, retry in 47ms
and got I/O errors when attempting to read the resulting disks.)
See the thread at
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=9528934&forum_id=1927
for details.

As implied in thread in question the fatal failures [like "retry in 0 ms" and failure to close disc/session at the end of recording] are indeed fixed in dvd+rw-tools 6.0. Remaining "appears to be stuck" are pure warnings, which can be safely ignored. growisofs normally attempts to hide them and shows them only when it appears abnormal from a viewpoint of cautious programmer such as myself. The last part means that if I at some point feel that it's 100% appropriate to just hide this warnings and that they add no value whatsoever to troubleshooting, I will just remove them. But till then you have to/can simply ignore them.

Actually, if you think they have value that's fine. If nothing else they may help identify corner cases in error reports. Nice to get an error message if only to be sure the program KNOWS it's wedged.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc