Re: Re: cdrtools cdrecord/cdrecord.c

> Well possible. But why did the media work in september 2004 and die
> a quick and reliable dead in november 2005 ? The same spindles. Two
> brands with two different media infos.

There is not much -RW media besides Mitsubishi that even has a chance to work properly. On the +RW side, some drives additionally work with Ricoh discs.

Of course, this can only work out when drives are not broken for a certain disc type in general. A lot of drives are very problematic with RW media. The best one I've encountered was the NEC 3540A.

> No list of endangered drives, of course.
> (Calm down, Thomas, don't be unrelaxed ... om mani padme hum ...)

Pioneer A03 with firmware < 1.90
Pioneer A04 with firmware < 1.20 (IIRC).

The power calibration of those drives could run amok when trying to use 4x -R or 2x -RW disc. The laser could fry the drive.

regards,
Alexander