Re: cdrtools cdrecord/cdrecord.c

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 12:14:55AM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
>Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
>
>> >And in case you also missunderstood forks: A fork is a _working_ and
>> >_maintained_ modified version of a program. What you see with the bastardized
>> >cdrtools versions on Linux is neither working nor maintained, it is just
>> >a result of the religion of the makers who seem to ingnore the wishes of the
>> >users because they do not fix the bugs they introduced.
>>
>> Oh, FFS. Give it a rest, Joerg. Most of the work that the various
>> Linux distro people have done on cdrtools is to fix real bugs that you
>> won't acknowledge. Sometimes users simply want things to work on their
>> systems, rather than random Solaris advocacy...
>
>Should this be a joke?
>
>Please tell me why an unmodified cdrecord runs best on Linux and
>why > 90% of all bugs on the Debian bug tracking system for cdrtools
>are caused by the modifications done by Debian.

*snort* Go on, justify that bullshit statement. Please, I'd love you
to try. Show us bug numbers.

>I fix all bugs that are verifiably caused by cdrecord and I try to find
>workarounds for all OS bugs. People just need to send a usable bug report.

"Useble" meaning "not on Linux", of course. You're very keen to blame
Linux for every bug that comes up. And everybody else ever trying to
improve cdrtools apparently only makes it worse.

*sigh* I give up. Joerg, if you're having problems with *all* of the
Linux distro people that work on cdrtools packages, just ask yourself
- where's the common factor?

  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
  must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
  far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
  knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer