Re: Writing DVD-R Double Layer

> :-( /dev/hdc: media is not recognized as recordable DVD: 10015

Output of dvd+rw-mediainfo? Are you sure the drive can handle this media
type, this particular media brand, and this particular disk?

> >From looking at source of growisofs.c and growisofs_mmc.cpp, it appears
> that growisofs does not support DVD-R DL. Is that correct?

Which version growisofs? Is DVD-R DL different to DVD+R DL? Did you try
a DVD+R DL? What drive?

> Any ideas when that support is going to appear? Pointers on where to
> find the necessary information, so I could implement it?

Andy seems to have gone offline, but his website
http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/ has a lot of info and some
pointers. The MMC docs (drive command sets) should be the authoritative
source.

HTH,

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.