Re: Different max speed on same DVD ????

Does anyone know why my Pionneer DVR-109 and my HP DVD writer report
different speed for the same 8x DVD ??
Pionner reports 4x and 2x speeds whereas HP reports 8x and 4x.

Support for particular media brands vary from firmware to firmware. One vendor can dare to offer higher velocity for particular media brand, while another can choose to take more fail-safe path. Or offer higher velocity in next firmware. That's the way it is and it does not indicate hardware failure of any kind. A.