Re: growisofs and PX-716: impossible changing burning speed after the first burn.

On Thursday 08 June 2006 18:09, Andy Polyakov wrote:
> >> Try if attached snippet can reset "Current Write Speed" to 16x.
Save it
> >> to dvd+rw-tools source directory and compile with 'g++
resetspeed.cpp'.
> >> What it does is send "restore all defaults" to unit, though
through "SET
> >> STREAMING" command.
> >
> > Thanks for the snipped but unfortunately it doesn't work!
>
> No warranties:-) Try attached one then. This one "restores all
defaults"
> with "SET STREAMING" and sends "go as fast as you can" with "SET
CD
> SPEED." A.

Only an update. The snippet doesn't work but I have made some
further test with Plextor 716A.
The problem is related only to 16x speed on 16x media, i.e if the
first burn is lower than 16x the drive cannot reach 16x speed in
any successive burn, but I can correctly set at any time any other
speed (4, 6, 8, 12) with growisofs.

Best Regards.
Stefano