NEW features of cdrtools-2.01.01a10:
- The file "CONTRIBUTING" has been updated.
Libparanoia (Ported by Jörg Schilling, originated by Monty email@example.com):
Libedc (Optimized by Jörg Schilling, originated by Heiko Eißfeldt firstname.lastname@example.org):
- scsi-apollo.c & scsi-hpux.c indented properly to follow Cstyle
- scsi-linux-ata.c cast added to avoid strange warning from GCC
caused by bad coding style in the Linux kernel.
- scsi-linux-ata.c trying again to add workarounds for new Linux
Kernel self-incompatibilities: Adding the same uid workaround
as for scsi-linux-sg.c. Note that I am not sure if this is the
only incompatibility that has been added with Linux-2.6.16, it may
be that they did also break the behavior of seteuid().
Please help me with further testing and debugging.
I am however short before giving up completely with Linux.
- Fixed a typo in defaults.c & scsimmc.h
- Fixed a bug (ignoring DVD+R/DL media) that has been introduced
with cdrecord-2.01.01a09 when trying to work around a Pioneer
- Introduced a better DMA speed test that now hopefully notices
all cases when the SCSI read buffer command does not work.
- Print the physical drive buffer size in addition to the logical
drive buffer size when both differ.
- Added a workaround for a NEC DVD firmwarebug that caused cdrecord
to use the CD write speed instead of the DVD write speed.
- Added a workaround for the fact that some NEC writers return a too
small size for half written DVD+RW (use end_lba from GET PERFORMANCE
in this case).
- Better error messages in case of no track options that are called
together with file type arguments.
- Added new Mt.Fuji6 profile texts for HD-DVD and Blu ray writers.
Cdda2wav (By Heiko Eißfeldt email@example.com):
- New experimental option -edc-corr. This has already been added with
2.01.01a09 but forgotten to list here.
Mkisofs (By Jörg Schilling and James Pearson firstname.lastname@example.org):
- read Joliet filenames with multi-session if no TRANS.TBL
or RR is present. I am looking for a volouteer for this task!
Note that this can never be 100% correct as there is no relation
between the names on the master (UNIX) filesystem, the ISO-9660
names and the Joliet names. Only the Rock Ridge names are
untranslated with respect to the original files on the
master (UNIX) filesystem.
- add libecc/edc for CDI and similar.
CYGWIN NT-4.0 NOTES:
To compile on Cygwin32, get Cygwin and install it.
For more information read README.win32
The files are located on:
NOTE: These tar archives are 100% POSIX compatible. GNU tar may get some
minor trouble. If you like a 100% POSIX compliant tar, get star from
WARNING: Do not use 'winzip' to extract the tar file!
Winzip cannot extract symbolic links correctly.
EMail:email@example.com (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
firstname.lastname@example.org (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/
URL: http://cdrecord.berlios.de/old/private/ ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/schily