mkisofs gives 'file too large for defined data type' error on 4.3GB file

Hi,

How can I write a single file to a DVD+R(W)? I tried to use mkisofs's -stream-media-size 2291000 option (2291000 giving me just under the DVD's full capacity), but it would not work (after 500MB, it would stop reading standard input.) Buggy to say the least.

So, I thought - let's just make a 4.3 GB file. And when mkisofs tries to read it, I get the 'file too large for defined data type' message. Great.

Can I just do a growisofs -Z /dev/dvdrw=/tmp/dvd-bak-1.tar or something? Then wouild a 'tar --multi-volume -t -f /dev/dvdrw' access the archive? I really need to do this backup soon, since I haven't done one since setting up my new Gentoo system.

Help...