Re: "logical unit communication failure" c2scan NEC ND-4550A 1.07

Joerg Schilling schrieb am 2006-02-13:

> Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:
>
> > >I have the impression that you are using Linux and Linux definitely
> > >does not fall into this category (since ~ 2001, no SCSI bug I am aware of has
> > >been fixed in Linux). In case of unknown problems, it makes sense to change
> > >things in order to find the reason.
> > >
> > Then you should go back and read your own postings! The bug allowing
> > unfiltered SCSI commands to devices was fixed and you complained about
> > it for two years. You were very aware of it.
>
> ????
>
> Filtering SCSI commands was an unannounced change of the interface
> that needs to be called a bug. I still do not see any fix for this.

SCSI commands are not filtered for processes with RAWIO capability,
which root processes have by default.

The recommended installation on Linux is still setuid, so any claims
cdrecord were affected are hypocritical.

Plus, you have been offered by Linux developers to send a list of
commands that need to be allowed, you have not accepted that offer.

It's YOUR duty to produce that list.

--
Matthias Andree