Re: "logical unit communication failure" c2scan NEC ND-4550A 1.07

"Alexander Noe'" <alexander.noe@s2001.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:

> Wasn't there, some time ago, a problem with Linux and DMA transfers
> with sizes that were not a power of two? Could you patch growisofs in
> order to use like 17 or 23 sectors per transfer and see what happens?

I believe that the problem was only related to size % 512 != 0

> It is not NEC specific, *newer* Plextor drives and LiteOn drives have
> the same problem especially with cheap long cables.
>
> My NEC 3540A and 4550A are running fine on such a cable on Windows,
> with UDMA2, even connected to the 90cm connector, but attaching a
> Plextor drive to the other connector causes problems.

Could you tell us what exact problems you did have?
Did you see "logical unit communication falure" too?

Did you use a 40 or a 80 wire cable?

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)