Re: dvd+rw-tools update [6.0, DVD-R DL]

Joerg Schilling wrote:

Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:

From reading your last mail, it seems that you seem to be a novice.
Let me give you the advise that it helps a lot to shorten quotings
in order to get accepted by knowledgeable people.

I did not test O_DIRECT because I believe it is not worth testing after the
experiences with DG/UX, but star is notiable faster if you boot the same hardware with Solaris instead of Linux.

You can fix the limitations of star by using O_DIRECT...

???

This sounds a bit confused. Are you able to describe your concern?

You said star doesn't run as fast on Linux as Solaris, you can probably fix that problem by using O_DIRECT, so the writes and reads don't compete for the same buffer memory.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc