Re: dvd+rw-tools update [6.0, DVD-R DL]

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 20:09 +0100, scdbackup@gmx.net wrote:
> > as you
> > still have to pull a lot of data from disk, you still put quite a
> > pressure on VM subsystem, so direct I/O can still help,
>
> But how to talk afio, star or mkisofs into that ?

I was thinking that a simple wrapper to open() which adds
O_DIRECT might be sufficient, but it turned out that this
alone is not sufficient: the buffers used by the programs
must have a certain alignment. This is not guaranteed
without modifying the way how those programs allocate
memory.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly