Re: Linux kernel 2.6.x Raw device support

Joerg Schilling wrote:

scdbackup@gmx.net wrote:

Yes. For me it works with ISO9600 or afio format as well as
with permuted and multiplied images.

Me careful with the afio archive format.

It is non standard and only looks similar to cpio.
You definitely will need afio to unpack in most cases.

Still unhappy with cpio? I usually use "-oB -Hcrc" to get by-file CRC checking.

I know about star, but cpio is more likely to be on the other end if I'm sending to offsite users.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc