Re: growisofs should have a method for padding

| From: scdbackup@gmx.net

| Are there really such errors with DVD now ?
| With CD there is an embarrassing tradition for that.

I'm not sure that it happens with a DVD.  I know it happens with CDs.
I would have expected that what was true of CDs would be true with
DVDs.

My one experiment (burning a DVD of Fedora Core 4 test 3 for x86_64)
with growisofs worked fine without padding.

| Did you already try something like this ?
|
|   ( cat imagefile ; dd if=/dev/zero bs=2K count=150 ) | \
|   growisofs -use-the-force-luke -dvd-compat -Z /dev/sr0=/proc/self/fd/0

My (likely outdated) experience passing a CD-sized chunk of bytes over
a pipe was quite unpleasant.  It mad the system's performance quite
unpleasant.

| growisofs forwards options of mkisofs but not
| those of cdrecord.
| mkisofs option -pad should be active by default
| but this padding is added to the image file.

Yeah, -pad is for mastering, but something like it could be added to
the Burning phase, I think.