Re: Why actual speed is slower than nominal? (2.6x vs 4x)

 I tried this pipebuf2 program with 128MB buffer, and it seems like
things did not improve. The speed I get is still way below the nominal,
and when the writing stalled because of the Knoppix CD access, a
visible track on the DVD(+RW) was formed. Previously with such stalls I
did not see any visible tracks in the recorded data.

 Thus pipebuf2 does not improve things in my case, and even seems to
make them worse ...

 The issue then must be something else ...

 Konstantin