Re: Speed problems with PX-716A

I sent two mails in the past on this list about recording speed
problems.

I repost it here ..

Hi,
I have a NEC 3500 Dvd Writer.
I have problems with the recording speed.
I tried two different brand of dvd-r (one from princo that is certified
for 4x recording, and one from philips that is certified for 8x), but
cdrecord-ProDVD always writes the DVDs at 6x speed.

Here is the output of the program; tell me if I can supply additional
debugging data.

newdeal:/pub/temp# cdrecord-dvd -dev=/dev/hdc -speed=4 -dao -data
data.iso
Cdrecord-ProDVD-Clone 2.01.01a01 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C)
1995-2004 Jörg Schilling
Unlocked features: ProDVD Clone
Limited  features:
This copy of cdrecord is licensed for:
private/research/educational_non-commercial_use
cdrecord-ProDVD: Warning: Running on Linux-2.6.10
cdrecord-ProDVD: There are unsettled issues with Linux-2.5 and newer.
cdrecord-ProDVD: If you have unexpected problems, please try Linux-2.4
or Solaris.
scsidev: '/dev/hdc'
devname: '/dev/hdc'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Warning: Open by 'devname' is unintentional and not supported.
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   :
Vendor_info    : '_NEC    '
Identifikation : 'DVD_RW ND-3500AG'
Revision       : '2.17'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc-2 DVD-R/DVD-RW driver (mmc_dvd).
Driver flags   : DVD MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
Supported modes: PACKET SAO
Starting to write CD/DVD at speed 6 in real SAO mode for single session.
Last chance to quit, starting real write    6 seconds.

Regards,
--
Roberto Sebastiano <robs@multiplayer.it>