Re: Speed problems with PX-716A

Joerg Schilling wrote:

I am sorry, this was my fault....this is of cource correct.

But things like this happen when people are trying to waste my time
after I did already answer 200 mails.

Jörg

OK.

BTW, PX-712 and 716 are wonderful drives. They offer the possibility to detect C1/C2 errors for CD-Rs, and PIO/PI/TA for DVDs to check burning quality. Reverse engineering would be very useful because it seems Plextor does not give any technical information about this. Alexander Noe has begun some work, using Bushound, to detect the commands, but he only writes Windows software, as far as I know (pxview/pxscan). You may contact him if you want to bring better support for these drives, he is very keen to share data.
He sent me some code he uses for pxscan, I will ask him if I can spread it.

Eric