Re: Speed problems with PX-716A

Joerg Schilling wrote:

Please do not start a useless flame war in this list!
Please, you are trying to do this, by misleading me that this list would bring no help about the problems, which is false. This list is also used by Andy, who is the author of dvd+rx-tools.

READ READ READ

Nobody did ever give support for bastardized cdrecord versions.
This has nothing to do with cdrecord-ProDVD but with the fact that
the makers of the bastardized patches do not even care if the patch
works at all :-(
Please do read what I wrote too.
Fist of all, I have put on my very first message that the observations/problems I had DID concern SEVERAL authors:
- k3b team
- growisfs authors
- dvd+rw-tools authors
- cdrecord + dvd patches

So don't ask me why I titled my post "speed problems" because obviously it may concern growisofs too. It was a GENERAL report of problems with the new PX716A, and I thought it may be interesting for coders related to DVD writing to hear about a new device.

And I am not really interested in the war you may have with people who decided to fork cdrecord and apply new DVD patches. I am just here to report what I see, as far as my technical level allows me to do. If it may be of any help, I would be glad.

Now for the specific point about the driver options: I was suprised that with a media in the drive, options like powerec (btw, it is not PowerRec but PoweRec as stated in the man page) or gigarec were not listed anymore. So are you going to give an answer, or do you prefer to leave me in the "RTFM" world, which I did first, of course, and where I did not find any answer ?

Thanks.
Eric