Re: Liteon 1693S stopped working with growisofs after upgrading firmware

Johann Schwarz wrote:
Hello!

I have risky news for you!

Look at: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=152583

and then: http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html#SOHW-1693S

What do you think?

Johann: I value my warranty thanks :-)

BTW, your other post was interesting... I too can burn fine to 4x DVD+RW media just fine...

I still think growisofs needs some hacking - why does NERO work fine on Windows? It is surely a matter of what commands are being sent to the burner unit to initialise it or something.

To everybody: Does anybody know how I can intercept and view the aspi/scsi/ide commands being sent to the burner from windows and linux, so I can compare the two and see what growisofs is doing differently from Nero that stops it from working?

thanks