Re: Why burnfree is off by default?

Hi,
ROBERTOJIMENOCA@terra.es (2005-12-02 at 1139.45 +0100):
> What problem do you have throwing the CD to the trash if Burnfree is used?
> (You don't even have any problems turning Burnfree on since you never
> have coasters and your CD would be perfect anyway)

Reading the archives, it seems that some writers use different
recording settings when buffer under run is on or off. I have not
tested myself, nor find a clear "this model does this in each
situation" (for example someone mentions max speed becoming 40 in
http://lists.debian.org/cdwrite/2003/11/msg00120.html but no vendor
names or models). It makes sense as it imposes an extra requirement
while in other case it just has to make sure the recording is readable
by a normal process (instead of also be readable so it can find a spot
where to restart writing).

In other words, buffer under run protection can also mean different
recording methods and different CD, even when the recording process is
done without interruptions. How different from a recording done
without the feature on? No idea, it would be nice to know all the
details, indeed. You can always save the config option or use a GUI
that does it for you.

GSR