Re: Why burnfree is off by default?

"ROBERTOJIMENOCA@terra.es" <ROBERTOJIMENOCA@terra.es> wrote:

> > This has been discussed many times, check the archives.....
> > If burnfree is on, the quality is
> lower and the first technology
> > in this area did turn it off by default and the standard says it is
> > off by default and....
>
> People really care about their CDs working and not having coasters!

If this was true, people would care about the requirements noted in the
cdrecord man page.

In fact, Linux users don't like to run cdrecord with root privilleges
although it is needed in order to do the best to avoid coasters.

Well, what you see is the reply to a posting from an a****....

> I think there's a real need to have an upstream source for cdrtools that
> has all the fixes that Joerg doesn't want to apply even not having a
> competent reason.

Why do you like to "fix" things that are not broken?

> Distributions like SUSE, Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu, Debian, Mandrake have
> many of the patches that Joerg doesn't want to apply and they are

... and these patches are causing > 90% of all problems encountered with
cdrecord. Why should I care about patches done by incompetent people?

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)
       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/