Re: Growisofs and multisession Puppy Linux

Was my question too dumb?
No one wanted to answer it.

Anyway, I have a solution, of sorts.

The problem was, "multisession Puppy Linux", that runs in ramdisk
and saves sessions back to DVD, was giving error messages at bootup
and shutdown, though it still worked. Mostly seek errors.

I was using mkisofs directly, to create an iso file that can be
distributed.
People then use "growisofs -Z /dev/hdc=name-of-iso-file"
to burn it.

Even though I used "correct" options for mkisofs, there was some
kind of mismatch with tracks created when a session is saved
(which uses just growisofs to burn the file to DVD).

My "solution" has been to create the iso file by a roundabout
method.
I use "growisofs -Z /dev/hdc -J -R -D ...etc..."
to create the bootable DVD.
Then i use dd: "dd if=/dev/hdc of=name-of-iso bs=32k seek=0"

I now have an iso that can be distributed, boots and shuts down
without error msgs.

So, it would seem that growisofs calls mkisofs with more/different
options than it states on the console output?

The latest multisession Puppy is here:
http://puppy.wise-guy.us/

Regards,
Barry Kauler