Re: NEC ND-3540A and 16x DVD burns?

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 04:52:12PM +0200, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> Anssi Saari <as@sci.fi> writes:
> > Warning: There is absolutely NO DMA, operations thus are slow.
>
> Please check with hdparm that you have enabled DMA on your dvd writer.
>
> HTH

You hope this helps? It's like asking "make sure the power cord is
plugged in." Or "remember to breathe out after breathing in"?

Anyway, I found the apparent answer in the archives. As I recall, it
seems that my Nec drive like someone else's has broken firmware, so
cdrecord-ProDVD doesn't see any speeds higher than 6x as possible.

In the meantime I can burn at 16x with growisofs. Or faster than 6x
anyway.