Liteon 1693S stopped working with growisofs after upgrading firmware

Hi,

My Liteon 1693S worked fine with the KS04 firmware revision which it came with... when I upgraded to KS09 and then to KS0A, it stopped burning DVD+R disks! But DVD+RW disks still burnt fine!

Before upgrade, as I said, it burnt fine.

After upgrade, in an identical situation, growisofs comes up with the following message:

# growisofs -Z /dev/sr0 -udf -speed=1 4GB/
Executing 'mkisofs -udf 4GB/ | builtin_dd of=/dev/sr0 obs=32k seek=0'
/dev/sr0: "Current Write Speed" is 3.3x1385KBps.
:-[ WRITE@LBA=0h failed with SK=2h/ASC=04h/ACQ=01h]: No medium found
:-( write failed: No medium found

As I said, it WORKED before firmware upgrade.  Any ideas?