Re: Adding DVD-Audio support to mkisofs (PATCH attached)

Joerg Schilling wrote:
>>My proposal would be to extend the -dvd-video option to properly deal
>>with the contents of the AUDIO_TS directory, and also deal with the case
>>of the VIDEO_TS directory being empty.
>>
>>The DVD-Audio and DVD-Video specifications are very closely linked, and
>>the specs allow a so-called "Univeral" DVD-A/V disc that contains linked
>>AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS "zones".  So even though the name -dvd-video isn't
>>appropriate, I think it would be cleaner to handle both DVD-A and DVD-V
>>via a single option, rather than adding a seperate -dvd-audio option.
>

> OK

After looking at the mkisofs code in more detail, I've come to the
conclusion that adding a new -dvd-audio option is the easier way to go.
   It also has the advantage of allowing mkisofs to do more specific
sanity checks on the contents of the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS directries.

So I think the semantics should be:

"-dvd-video" - sanity-check and sort/pad the VIDEO_TS directory
"-dvd-audio" - sanity-check and sort/pad the AUDIO_TS directory
"-dvd-video -dvd-audio" - sanity-check and sort/pad both directories.

> If you like to work on it yourself, please send me a mail before you start.
> I did limit the time I spend on cdrtools to get more time for creating
> my OpenSolaris based UNIX distribution.....

I've spent a short time this morning adding an initial -dvd-audio
parameter to mkisofs.  It extends the sorting function in udf.c to
properly handle all the AUDIO_TS files, and replaces some (but not all)
of the "if (dvd_video)" tests with "if (dvd_video || dvd_audio)".  It's
available here:

http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/mkisofs-dvdaudio.diff

That was the easy part.  The harder (for me) part is to read the values
of the absolute sector pointers in AUDIO_PP.IFO and add the appropriate
amount of padding before that file (which is the first in the AUDIO_TS
directory).

Some time next week, I'll try to add a function to calculate the correct
position of the AUDIO_PP.IFO file, but I'm not not I'll be able to
manage to actually make mkisofs use that value when creating the image.

Dave.