Re: mini-dvd

Hi,
> Two questions really.  Is it possible to burn to a mini-dvd, the kind
> that go into a handycam camera?  Things things are marked
> dvd-r/30 min/1.4 gb.

Interesting question. How does that work mechanically ?
A special drive ? An adapter frame for a normal drive ?

> Can you burn a cd iso to a dvd?  That is, is there any difference in the
> format?  I'm thinking it'd be kinda neat to burn a full gnoppix cd to a
> mini dvd.

At least there is no difference between CD and normal sized DVD.

I use the same mkisofs commands for both.
I can copy a CD to DVD+/- by a command like
  dd if=/dev/cdrom bs=2k | growisofs -Z /dev/scd0=/proc/self/fd/0
(modulo cruel effects on your IDE if both drives share a controller)
Similar can be done with  cdrecord-ProDVD , of course.

That DVD will be mountable and show the same ISO tree as the CD.

I did not try this with bootable CDs, though.