Re: blank=all only works in isolation

Joerg Schilling wrote:

none none <throw_away_2002@yahoo.com> wrote:

Seven years, fifteen different computers,
twenty-five different Linux distributions,
multiple types of cd burner (SCSI, IDE,
USB), and every version of cdrecord and
cdrtools I could find (both supplied with
the distribution and compiled by myself).

cdrecord -vv dev=1,0 blank=all /path/to/some.iso

NEVER works. I typically get something like:

Performing OPC...
Blanking entire disk
cdrecord: faio_wait_on_buffer for writer timed out.
Blanking time: 1183.496s

I never do this, and this may be the reason why nobody did complain before....
I didn't even know this was a supported operation... like you I've been doing it in two steps, back to the days when my Phillips 2600 SCSI drive was new stuff.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc